About the program
Learn Business English and develop the communication skills you need to be competitive in global business. The ELS Business English course is designed for effective communication in real business situations – you will receive instruction in workplace skills, intercultural communication skills and relevant business discussion topics – so you can be sure you are prepared for success. Business English is recommended for people ages 18 to 25.
- Key language skills: Speaking, listening, grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing
- Key workplace skills: Giving presentations, negotiating, participating in meetings, networking, writing emails and more
- Key intercultural communication skills: Power and distance, non-verbal communication, directness, views of time and more
- Discussion topics: Management styles, team-building, job satisfaction, communications, business relationships, strategy, finance, marketing, training, project management, ethics and more
The Business English course is made up of six unique modules, each four weeks long. You may register for any number of modules.
In each module, you will:
- Give presentations
- Listen to professional interviews
- Read news articles
- Discuss current issues and events
- Write business correspondence
- Attend field trips to learn how businesses function