About the programme
Develop the English communication skills you need to be competitive in global business. The ELS English for Business programme is designed for effective communication in real business situations – you will receive instruction in workplace skills, intercultural communication skills and relevant business discussion topics – so you can be sure that you are prepared for success. This programme is recommended for people ages 18 to 25.
- Key Language Skills: Speaking, Listening, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading and Writing
- Key Workplace Skills: Giving presentations, negotiating, participating in meetings, networking, writing emails and more
- Key Intercultural Communication Skills: Power and distance, nonverbal communication, directness, views of time and more
- Discussion Topics: Management styles, team building, job satisfaction, communications, business relationships, strategy, finance, marketing, training, project management, ethics and more
English for Business is made up of six unique modules, each four weeks long. You may register for any number of modules.
In each module, you will:
- Give presentations
- Listen to professional interviews
- Read news articles
- Discuss current issues and events
- Write business correspondence
English for Business
- ELS Levels Covered
- 7 levels: 106 (High Intermediate) to 112 (Masters)
- Number of centres offered
- Lessons / Week
- 50 minutes each Monday – Friday with Friday afternoons free. 20 lessons in General English and 10 in Business English
- Number of Weeks for each ELS Level
ELS Vancouver (ID-04002) is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia. Any programme listed on this page, when contracted for more than 6 months or $4000 in tuition, is considered a PTIB approved programme. Please visit www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca for more information.