About the program
The English for Academic Purposes Program is designed for international students who want to attend a college or university abroad, including students who wish to apply for conditional admission to any of ELS's 650+ partner institutions. If college or university study abroad is your goal, the intensive ELS English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program can help prepare you for success in an academic setting. Morning classes are dedicated to Structure and Speaking Practice or Language Studies, Vocabulary Enrichment (in levels 101-109) or Skills Enhancement Classes (in Masters levels), and a lesson in the Language Technology Center. Afternoon classes are dedicated to Reading and Writing.
Successful completion of Level 112 of the EAP program earns you a Certificate of Completion that is accepted by ELS's 650+ college and university partners as proof of the English proficiency needed for admission. Many two-year partner colleges will accept Level 109.
Space in Masters classes permitting, if you successfully complete EAP Level 112 and wish to continue to study the Masters curriculum, you may pursue three additional modules of Masters content for additional challenge and growth.
- Key Language Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Pronunciation, Grammar
- Key University Success Skills: Critical thinking, presentations, public speaking, note-taking, academic research, and more
- Skills Enhancement Classes: Exact courses offered at each location may vary, but Skills Enhancement Classes may be dedicated to subjects such as University Preparation, Summarizing and Paraphrasing, Advanced Writing Workshop, Developing Vocabulary Skills, Advanced Presentations, Academic Skills and more.
English for Academic Purposes - Canada
- ELS Levels Covered
- 12 Levels: 101 (Beginner) to 112 (Masters)
- Number of Centers Offered
- Lessons / Week
- 50 minutes each Monday – Friday
- Session / Level
- 1 session (4-weeks) for each level
ELS Vancouver (ID-04002) is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia. Any program listed on this page, when contracted for more than 6 months or $4000 in tuition, is considered a PTIB approved program. Please visit www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca for more information.
2017 Canada Programs Dates and Prices