About the program
Develop the English communication skills you need to be competitive in global business. The ELS English for Business program is designed for effective communication in real business situations – you will receive instruction in workplace skills, intercultural communication skills, and relevant business discussion topics – so you can be sure you are prepared for success. This program is recommended for people ages 18 to 25.
- Key Language Skills: Speaking, Listening, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading, and Writing
- Key Workplace Skills: Giving presentations, negotiating, participating in meetings, networking, writing emails, and more
- Key Intercultural Communication Skills: Power and distance, nonverbal communication, directness, views of time, and more
- Discussion Topics: Management styles, team building, job satisfaction, communications, business relationships, strategy, finance, marketing, training, project management, ethics, and more
English for Business is made up of six unique modules, each four weeks long. You may register for any number of modules.
In each module, you will:
- Give presentations
- Listen to professional interviews
- Read news articles
- Discuss current issues and events
- Write business correspondence
- Attend field trips to learn how businesses function
English for Business
- ELS Levels Covered
- 7 Levels: 106 (High Intermediate) to 112 (Masters)
- Number of Centers Offered
- Lessons / Week
- 50 minutes each Monday – Friday with Friday afternoons free. 20 Lessons in General English and 10 in Business English
- Number of Weeks for each ELS Level
ELS Vancouver (ID-04002) is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia. Any program listed on this page, when contracted for more than 6 months or $4000 in tuition, is considered a PTIB approved program. Please visit www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca for more information.
2017 Canada Executive Fillable Application
2017 Canada Programs Dates and Prices