About the program
Develop your skills teaching English as a Foreign Language with our TEFL Program! ELS is pleased to offer the TEFL Certification in partnership with Via Lingua, a well-known global educational organization and one of the world's largest TEFL certificate providers. This intensive, four-week, 120-hour course focuses on understanding and communicating the fundamentals of grammar, and will prepare you to teach English both in the United States and overseas. It is ideal for native English speakers who are just entering the field of teaching, as well as non-native speakers with strong English proficiency looking to build or improve on teaching skills.
- Key Skills: The curriculum includes workshops on pedagogy, teaching skills, and language awareness.
- Applied Learning: The course features peer-teaching, six hours of observed practicum, and a unique workshop on working with young learners.
- Career Support: The program includes support in finding a teaching job upon successful completion.
- Graduate Credit: You may also be eligible to receive up to six graduate-level credits towards MATESOL programs with select partner institutions when you complete this program.
The course is held in two locations in the United States: St. Petersburg, Florida, and Boston, Massachusetts. In June, 2017, it will also be offered in Philadelphia (see below).
The ELS TEFL Certification program is coming to Philadelphia! This is an intensive version of the standard program, so that now you can become certified to teach English as a Second Language in only three weeks! Course dates are June 26-July 14, and it meets at St. Joseph's University. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to apply.
- Minimum age: 21
- Education: You must hold a minimum of an Associate's Degree (in certain circumstances, you may be considered for the program without a degree if your qualifications and/or experience are equivalent to the demands of a degree).
- You must be able to demonstrate both written and oral competence in English sufficient for study in higher education
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you must have an IELTS™ score of 6.5 or a TOEFL® score of 85