Important Payment Information

To make your transition from your home country to your ELS Center as seamless as possible, we want to make sure you have all of your payments taken care of. Please take a look at the following information regarding tuition, housing, and other payment details and deadlines.

How To Make A Payment

All payments must be made in US dollars.

Do not send cash. ELS accepts payment by check (drawn on a US bank) and credit cards. 

Tuition and Housing Fees

All fees are payable in full when you first register. It is not necessary to pay full tuition fees before your arrival.

There are several ways to arrange for US dollar payment of your tuition and other expenses while studying at ELS Language Centers. The following recommendations are for your convenience:

  • Credit Cards: All ELS Language centers in the US accept American Express®, Diners Club International®, VISA®, JCB® and MasterCard® as payment for tuition and fees, dormitory room and board, and homestay accommodations. All payments can be made online via QuickPay by following these instructions. In order to use QuickPay, you will need to know your 7-digit Student Number, which can be found on your Acceptance Letter.
  • Sponsoring Agencies: If your government or the company you work for will pay your tuition; you must bring an official letter from your sponsor stating the fees that are covered, the expiration date (if any), and the address to be invoiced. You must arrive at the Center with enough money to pay for your housing. Generally speaking, your sponsor cannot be invoiced for any room and board costs.
  • Wire Transfers: Money should be wire-transferred to YOUR NAME, c/o ELS Language Centers. When you have no choice other than wiring your payment to the ELS Language Centers account, you must transfer the funds a minimum of four (4) weeks before your arrival. It is very important that you bring a copy of the transfer order from your bank and present it when you register at the Center.

Note: We do not recommend you wire funds unless it is the only way for you to get money from your country to the United States.

Miscellaneous Money Matters

Most students require a minimum of US $400 per month for personal spending money during their stay at ELS Language Centers. Bringing funds in any other form may result in a collection period of two to six weeks before the money is available to you.