• Call Us!
  • Contact Us!
  • Get a Quote
  • Free English Test
  • Apply Now!

How to Apply

Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime at ELS Language Centers? Here’s how to apply to our English Schools in the USA. 


Apply to ELS in Three Easy Steps

  • Create your study plan:
  • Prepare the documents you’ll need to apply:
    • All students must provide a copy of the photo page of their passport (for you and if applicable, for dependents who will come to the US with you).
    • If you are requesting a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) in order to secure an F1 student visa, you will also need to provide financial certification. Any ONE of the following is acceptable:
    • A current personal bank statement or an original letter from your bank, OR
    • Both a letter/affidavit of support from your parents or other source of support stating that they will be responsible for your expenses during your stay at ELS, AND a bank statement verifying their financial ability to meet your expenses, OR
    • A letter guaranteeing financial support from your employer, OR
    • An original scholarship letter from your government or other organization
  • Organize your payment: Once you submit your application, we’ll reach out with payment options. You’ll need to pay certain fees to finalize your application.

To apply, simply fill out our online application. As an international student, it is a good idea to apply as early as possible to allow enough time to secure your visa and organize your travel arrangements.

If you are one of our education agent partners, you can submit applications through the Agent Portal on our Knowledge Hub. Our Agent Portal also offers detailed guidance tailored to your agency needs.


You’re signed up and are ready to go! Here’s what to do next:

  • Keep an eye on your email as an Enrolment Advisor will be in touch about anything they might need from you to finalize your application, and/or anything you should do before you arrive.
  • Apply for your US visa
  • Arrange your flights
  • Check out our Arrival Information to learn more about what to expect, what to bring with you, and other helpful tips to prepare for your learning adventure with ELS!

If you have any questions or concerns about the admissions process, check out our FAQs below, or feel free to contact us. Our team of Enrollment Advisors are here to help if you have any questions about your application or your time abroad.

Payment Information

To make your transition from your home country to your ELS Center as seamless as possible, we want to make sure you have your payments taken care of. Please look at the following information regarding tuition, housing, and other payment details and deadlines.

The Application Fee and one session (4 weeks) of tuition fees are due at the time of booking to complete your registration.

Remaining Tuition Fees, Facility Fee, and if applicable, Airport Pickup Fee and Student Health Insurance Fee: Full payment for these fees is due at the time of registration at least fourteen (14) days prior to your arrival.

Student Residence Fees (if applicable): Full payment arrangements of a Student Residence Booking is required twenty-eight (28) days prior to Check-in.

Homestay Fees (if applicable): Full payment arrangements of a Homestay Booking is required fourteen (14) days prior to Check-in.

All payments must be made in US dollars.
Do not send cash. ELS accepts payment by check (drawn on a US bank), credit cards, or wire transfer.
There are several ways to arrange for US dollar payment of your tuition and other expenses while studying at ELS Language Centers. The following recommendations are for your convenience:

Credit Cards: All ELS Language centers in the US accept American Express®, Diners Club International®, VISA®, JCB® and MasterCard® as payment for tuition and fees, dormitory room and board, and homestay accommodations. All payments can be made online via QuickPay by following these instructions. In order to use QuickPay, you will need to know your 7-digit Student Number, which can be found on your Acceptance Letter.

Sponsoring Agencies: If your government or the company you work for will pay your tuition; you must bring an official letter from your sponsor stating the fees that are covered, the expiration date (if any), and the address to be invoiced. You must arrive at the Center with enough money to pay for your housing. Generally speaking, your sponsor cannot be invoiced for any room and board costs.

Wire Transfers: Money should be wire-transferred to YOUR NAME, c/o ELS Language Centers. When you have no choice other than wiring your payment to the ELS Language Centers account, you must transfer the funds a minimum of four (4) weeks before your arrival. It is very important that you bring a copy of the transfer order from your bank and present it when you register at the Center.

Note: We do not recommend you wire funds unless it is the only way for you to get money from your country to the United States.

Frequently Asked Questions
about Applying to ELS

Your application must be accompanied by certification that while you are attending ELS Language Centers, sufficient funds are available to meet your combined living and tuition expenses. If you will be accompanied by family members, their living expenses must be covered as part of their student-dependent (F-2) visas. Any one of the following is an acceptable form of certification:

  • A current personal bank statement or an original letter from your bank, in English.
  • Both a letter/affidavit of support from your parents or other source of support stating they will be responsible for your expenses during your stay at ELS Language Centers, and a bank statement (or bank letter) verifying their financial ability to meet your expenses.
  • A letter guaranteeing financial support from your employer, in English.
  • An original scholarship letter from your government or other organization, in English.

Since you will need to present financial documentation to the US Consular Officer when applying for a student visa, we suggest that you make sufficient copies of all financial documentation for both ELS Language Centers and for visa application purposes.

In order to finalize your registration to any ELS Language Centers' program, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Completed Online Application Form
  • Non-refundable application fee
  • Minimum 1 session (4 weeks) Tuition Fees prepayment
  • Financial certification documentation, in English
  • Copy of your current passport, showing your name and date of birth
  • Airport pick-up fee (if requested)
  • Express mail fee (if requested)

When ELS Language Centers receives your completed application documents and deposits, your application will be processed within two business days. An acceptance packet, including your I-20, will be sent to you as part of this process. It normally takes about two to three weeks for your admissions packet to arrive. If you need to receive your package sooner, you can request Express Courier Service on the application form.

There is no set deadline for applying to study. The earlier you send in your completed application, the sooner ELS Language Centers Admissions Office can process your materials. This will give you more time to receive your welcome package which contains your Form I-20 (required for obtaining your student visa) and information about your arrival at ELS.

If you require housing, you should send your completed application to ELS at least 6 weeks before your arrival.

Housing in the student residences fills quickly. Reservations are processed for applicants who submit their requests along with their deposit in the order in which they are received.

If you are considering homestay accommodations, please apply as soon as possible so that we may place you with a family compatible with your requirements. (These requirements are taken from the housing section of your ELS application form.)

You will receive the details of your host family within 21 days of your scheduled program start date.

All ELS centers have 13 convenient start dates per year for most programs. Visit our Start Dates page for specific start dates and applicable centers.

Tuition costs are different for every ELS program. To view our tuition prices and other fees related to your studies, visit our fees page.

According to U.S. immigration laws, you must enter the United States on a nonimmigrant, student (F-1) visa if you wish to study in our Intensive English and Semi-Intensive English language programs. ELS Language Centers is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. Please review our Student Visa Information page for full details and helpful links about securing your Student Visa.

When applying to most ELS Language Centers programs, you can indicate on your application that you need an I-20. You must also supply documentation with your application showing proof of financial responsibility. You must have enough available money to pay for one session's tuition, living expenses, and miscellaneous expenses.